[Dev] Ideas for Parabola at FOSDEM

Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic tct at ceata.org
Thu Dec 31 16:31:28 GMT 2015

On 31.12.2015 18:14, fauno wrote:
> Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic <tct at ceata.org> writes:

>>> Mtjm and Aurelien should go. I have no money and I don't use Parabola
>>> anymore.
>>
>> At least three Ceata members will be attending FOSDEM, to happen in the
>> last days of January 2016. Will any Parabola hacker be attending at
>> Europe's biggest free software event, in Brussels?
>
> i'm willing to go if someone pays my plane tickets :P

;-) I know it's a joke, but it would be really nice to meet you in
person. We probably don't have enough money in the Parabola Fund at
Ceata to pay for a Transatlantic flight (maybe we can find a company in
Argentina to offer sponsorship to fauno), but a round-trip ticket from
Warsaw (Poland, where mtjm lives) to Brussels is less than €100 EUR. I
don't know about Corsica (where aurelien lives). And maybe we can
arrange hosting through couch surfing.

>> Do you know if Arch is going to have a booth at FOSDEM? If so, can you
>> ask them to accept one Ceata member or Parabola hacker to be all times
>> at their booth, showcasing Parabola on a T400 laptop? Tehnoetic can
>
> they usually do, but we don't have much contact with them.  i'll be
> reading arch-dev-public@ in case they announce something.

You can be proactive and ask, if it's not considered to be too invasive.

>> provide one. And maybe in January we can use a small amount of the money
>> in the Parabola fund at Ceata to make Parabola stickers to raise
>> donations for Parabola at FOSDEM?
>
> +1 to stickers.  i made some with only the parabola logo but they don't
> look nice because they're too small.  maybe something saying parabola or
> some slogan?
>
> http://wiki.hackcoop.com.ar/Archivo:A3_ParabolaStickers.svg

If we use this file, it will be hard to find a shop in Bucharest
(Romania) which can do the cutting of the edges of the logos. But I will
ask around.

Thanks,

--
Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic | Președinte, Fundația Ceata
GPG: 900CECE2 | Tel: +40-761-810-100

Susții libertatea artelor și tehnologiilor?
Înscrie-te ca membru: http://ceata.org/inscrieri