[Dev] mirror redirector!

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Mon Dec 28 00:45:32 GMT 2015

Luke Shumaker <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 11:23:06 -0500,
> fauno wrote:
>> http://kiwwwi.com.ar/pastes/parabola.lainventoria.com.ar.conf.html
>>
>> what it does is serve local files directly and redirect unknown requests
>> to an arch mirror using the last second of request time as "random"
>> seed.
>
> The implementation is beautiful in its simplicity!

:)

> I don't like directing to Arch mirrors.  They've agreed to offer their
> services to Arch, not us.

yeah, i thought that too, but also thought that once you offer a public
service you can't really decide what people does with it.  and since
we're not going to abuse them, i didn't think it as a real problem in
the end.

we can ask them if they want to be parabola pseudo-mirrors, too.

> But, I do think that an automatic redirector to Parabola mirrors would
> do a lot to alleviate the concerns; it seems that a lot of the issues
> are because the load on mirrors is so uneven.

we can experiment with this config as a mirror redirector but i insist
its uses are more vast than just that :P

--
http://librevpn.org.ar