[Dev] Fwd: First Reproducible Builds Summit

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 23:51:52 GMT 2015

On 10/12/15 19:42, Isaac David wrote:

> Le jeu. 10 déc. 2015 à 9:16, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at no-log.org>
> a écrit :
>> [Arch Linux](https://www.archlinux.org/), What is its status?
>
> It wasn't promising last time fauno forwarded an email by Allan McRae
> from the Arch mailing lists:
> https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2015-August/003182.html

I guess if people have enough time, it's still worth pursuing. The
people at Debian had issues getting as far as they did too.

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=debian%20timestamp%20bug%20reproducible

(ironically, I had issues searching their www bug-tracker interface)

Personally, I'd be happy even if just the packages that create the iso
were reproducible, the rest could be built by the user from source (and
a local repository).

Of course it is easy for me to say this, but I don't actively develop
parabola.

But if I get round to it, I will have a go. I would like to try the
cross-compiling route at some point anyway. That's unless someone beats
me to it. ;)

Josh