[Dev] Canceling of Parabola ARM

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Sun Aug 23 13:14:11 GMT 2015

The two test boards provided were Beaglebone and Raspberry Pi. If
someone is willing to donate a board which is capable of booting without
blobs this project could be re-launched. I backed my work (e.g.
mplayer-libre), prior to the git removal.

My current plan is to free several packages on my personal git and wait
until a board comes along which is cable of running a fully free kernel
that we can make tests on. Then this could continue at a later date.

If you are willing to donate the All Winner, it may be worth testing.
Ask Emulatorman if he can share his latest PKGBUILD of linux-libre with
you. However be aware that if it requires a blob you might be left with
a non-usable device. Make backups of the current SDCard.

I do not have the full list of blobs, Emulatorman mentioned several in
the IRC which were required for the two previous boards to operate.