[Dev] Canceling of Parabola ARM

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Sun Aug 23 03:35:48 GMT 2015

Hello Everyone,
After it was brought to our attention yesterday that RNC patches which
are required for the kernel to run on ARM computers contain blobs, we
had to cancel the Parabola ARM project. Emulatorman confirmed this and
deleted the git repository for the project.

You can read more information about blobs on ARM devices here:
https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers

These boards, including Raspberry Pi, actually REQUIRE the blobs in
order to boot. Therefore until a blob-free board is available, we are
unable to continue our work. This is unfortunate, but the current
situation of hardware doesn't allow a true GNU/Linux-libre kernel.