[Dev] Making the radeon kernel module work again

Jason Self j at jxself.org
Wed Aug 5 16:54:56 GMT 2015

You've heard of the patch from Denis [0] to make the radeon kernel module
work again in free distros and not just fall over and die when the
proprietary firmware isn't there? I'm writing to suggest applying it, if
you aren't already. I also changed the patch to one that can be easily
applied [1], since his patch was against blobbed Linux. I've added this to
my APT repository for Linux-libre, starting with version 4.1.4 and already
have reports of success from people on IRC.

[0] http://www.fsfla.org/pipermail/linux-libre/2015-July/003080.html
[1] http://www.fsfla.org/pipermail/linux-libre/2015-August/003098.html