[Dev] [ARM] Parabola ARM Port progress

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Sat Aug 1 01:02:43 GMT 2015

Hey, some days ago we were talking about how to begin Parabola ARM
project. The following points suggested were the next one:

* Ebrasca sent a email (in spanish language) because he has interest to
donate some ARM devices for the Parabola ARM project [0]. I told
Jorginho to receive those devices to begin the project. He accepted it
to give access via ssh to the hackers use it for testing and debugging.

* Gaming4JC said there are a lot of different packages to take from Arch
ARM [1]. e.g. arm5, armv6, armv7 and armv8 are all different. If the
packages will be a lot we should have separate mirrors, but it will also
would need more space for it.

* We would rsync pull from Arch ARM, but Gaming4JC confirmed on their
IRC that they do not allow rsync pulls. Critically, a mirror must to
able to be set up to receive rsync pushes from a server. e.g. a server
created by us. This can happen via rsyncd or over ssh. It do not make
use of rsync pull for mirroring. They allow mirroring under invite only
and custom rsyncd.conf and they push to mirrors. It was confirmed at
#archlinux-arm by a developer WarheadsSE. So for this work, we need
become a mirror and then fork their packages.

* We need more power man to maintain ARM packages like the same way than
we are doing in x86. Gaming4JC and ovruni have interest to begin it.

* Icarious proposed fetch entire PKGBUILD and packages using a build
server as alternative way.

Considerations and suggestions are welcome as we move forward with this
project! :)

Happy hacking \o/

[0]:https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2015-July/003120.html
[1]:http://archlinuxarm.org/