[Dev] [donations] [due 2015-04-20] draft of agreement with ceata

Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic tct at ceata.org
Wed Apr 15 13:07:00 GMT 2015

On 15.04.2015 15:19, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
> On 15.04.2015 15:08, Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
>> a communication from the delegate can be backed by an url to the
>> discussion of parabola community.  ceata doesn't care about the
>> discussion itself but it can corroborate the delegate was backed by the
>> community.
>
> This has crossed my mind. But this means Ceata has to evaluate if some
> of the concerns expressed by some members have been addressed and
> solved, if those members confirm it's okay, if all members agree with
> the Delegate, Ceata doesn't know which are all the members, which have
> the right to decide, if they don't say anything it means they agree or
> it means they don't, etc
>
> This means a lot of interpretation is left to Ceata, which actually
> means Ceata steps in your governance. Not okay for Parabola nor for
> Ceata and I am not willing to parse discussions and put Ceata's Council
> to decide if what the Delegate has communicated is backed by the
> community or not quite... It'd be a nightmare. And Ceata could be held
> responsible by some of the members who don't agree (before or after)
> with what the Delegate saw fit to communicate to Ceata.

Oh, I think I got this figured out. The agreement has to parties: Ceata
and Nicolás Reynolds. The Delegate is specified in 2(a) and (s)he signs
a different paper, a declaration in which (s)he says: I agree to act as
Parabola's Delegate in the terms of Ceata's Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement
registered with the number __/20.04.2015. When a new Delegate assumes
office, Nicolás Reynolds and Ceata's president sign an amendment
modifying 2(a) to specify the new Delegate. The new Delegate signs a
declaration (separate paper) saying (s)he agrees.

Nicolás Reynolds would act as a founder (which he is) and we all trust
him. We only have to figure out what happens when he isn't available to
appoint a new Delegate (he is lost on an island, he is in a comma, he
dies, etc). We can add a clause to be possible for the incumbent
Delegate and Ceata to void this agreement and sign a new one between
her/him and Ceata; if Nicolás Reynolds doesn't respond to Ceata for 2
months, the Delegate can step in. My head hurts. :-)

Does it make sense to go this way?

--
Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic
Președinte, Fundația Ceata

Susții libertatea artelor și tehnologiilor?
Înscrie-te ca membru: http://ceata.org/%C3%AEnscrieri