[Dev] dual stack mirror for Parabola GNU Linux from Romania !

hellekin hellekin at gnu.org
Thu Sep 11 14:18:42 GMT 2014

On 09/11/2014 10:58 AM, Daniel Petre wrote:

>> is it okay with you for a rsync each 6 hours?

*** Thank you very much for providing a high-capacity mirror.

André, you overlooked the rsync rate part, which I think is important,
especially as you're updating the repo quite often, and the number of
reliable mirrors is reduced.

Would it be useful to have a timestamp file that records the last update
of each repository, so that a crontab can run, say, once every 10
minutes, and rsync only the relevant parts if another process is not
running?  Maybe 10 minutes is too fast, and probably instead of a
polling mechanism, we should use a push notification (à la PSYC).

Anyway at this point the only really useful mirror is the repo, and the
rest of the mirrors tend to be outdated.  If Daniel is fine with it,
mirrors.linux.ro could become a fast mirror (also, it probably has more
bandwidth than most other Parabola mirrors).

Daniel, thank you again, because I've been looking for Parabola mirrors
lately, and you're coming just in time :)  BTW, are you mirroring Tails? [0]

Regards,

==
hk

[0] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/mirror/