[Dev] Upgrade linux-libre drops support for FTDI USB Serial Device

Mono lists+dev-parabolagnulinux at donderklumpen.de
Tue Oct 28 20:47:33 GMT 2014

Hallo Luke,

thank you for your email.

> Try manually-loading/checking-if-loaded the following kernel modules:
>
>  - usbcore
>  - usbserial
>  - ftdi_sio

usbcore is loaded already. I can add usbserial and ftdi_sio but it does not help. I noticed that lsusb does not show the device as it should do. under 3.16.4 it shows:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

with 3.17.1 there is no entry at all. The usb port works fine with a flash device though. Furthermore, this issue only affects my i686 system. On a x86_64 system the device just works.

> I've got an ftdi device somewhere at home--I'll see if I can replicate
> the issue tonight.
does it work for you?

best regards
Mono