[Dev] New RC ISO avaible through torrent

The Mighty Gravi themightygravi at inventati.org
Tue Oct 7 15:49:32 GMT 2014

On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:54:58 +0200
mtjm at mtjm.eu (Michał Masłowski) wrote:

> What source or parabolaiso it is built from?  Are all needed changes
> available at https://projects.parabola.nu/parabolaiso.git/?

Yes, no other data than the repository source, mkisolinux package for *{.c32,.com} flat binaries, as well as reused Shell{,_Full}.efi and the same ancient splash.png.

Overall, no binary recompiling's necessary, only fs squashing.

About repository:
branch master + git cherry-pick eb9cb277 (Isolinux update on gnome branch)
https://projects.parabola.nu/parabolaiso.git/commit/?h=gnome&id=eb9cb277c10039f341e65f140e02ef6a286de167

(Someone could merge the commit into the master branch)

> Please get it signed by other Parabola developers.  (I won't sign it,
> since with the current signing policy it would confirm me trusting your
> government identifiers which I don't know nor consider the important
> thing to trust.)

Emmm... would you sign me, dear VIP reader, any? :S
Dunno how to do that otherwise :P

> > It is meant to survive a couple of days while the admins upload it at
> > the official repositories.
>
> Will we need a different torrent later?

I scare yes, going to block direct connections again as a good practice from tomorrow night (UTC)
Next time I could get access to a SSH chrooted dir and upload directly there.
Open to suggestions always.

On my way to release further ones every couple of months... even if the repo goes down.
(Note iso size has increased, feel free to start discussion on superfluous packages)

--
The Mighty Gravi <themightygravi at inventati.org>