[Dev] Iceweasel: make download source only from debian repo

taro-k at movasense.com taro-k at movasense.com
Mon Nov 3 13:37:44 GMT 2014

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice your reply there.
I will check the notification function.
By the way, your reply:
> [0]:https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/590#note-3
> Iceweasel is being built from Parabola because Debian upstream
contains nonfree OpenH264 plugin provided by Cisco Systems. Parabola's
packages should be built from source tarball without nonfree stuff.

If it's the only reason, the following command in PKGBUILD
is sufficient, I think.

  rm -v
toolkit/mozapps/extensions/{test/{browser/browser_openH264.js,xpcshell/test_openh264.js},content/{OpenH264-license.txt,openH264Prefs.xul},internal/OpenH264Provider.jsm}

Also, I did check it's the only difference between
parabola repo's and debian repo's.

I believe downloading directly for upstream as much as
possible is always more clear for security-conscious people.

best.  Taro