[Dev] Obsolet packages in blacklist.txt

Sören Tempel mail at soeren-tempel.net
Mon Mar 31 12:54:21 GMT 2014

Hi there,

I noticed that the blacklist contains a bunch of packages which are no
longer available in the arch linux repositories. I was wondering if this
is already a known fact and if those obsolete packages should be kept in
the blacklist or if they should be removed.

Using a shell one liner and a arch linux docker container I found out
that the following packages are blacklisted but no longer available in
the arch linux repositories.

aif
amd-ucode
aqua-data-studio
ar9170-fw
arch-artwork
archlinux-artwork
archlinux-lxdm-theme
archlinux-themes-kde
aufs2
bacula
beanshell
bladeenc
catalyst
catalyst-dkms
catalyst-lts
catalyst-utils
cdfs
cross-arm-wince-cegcc-docs
cross-arm-wince-cegcc-importlibs
d4x
fcpci
fcpcmcia
foomatic-filters
foomatic
freepascal
hplip-plugin
initscripts
iwlwifi-1000-ucode
iwlwifi-3945-ucode
iwlwifi-4965-ucode
iwlwifi-5000-ucode
iwlwifi-5150-ucode
iwlwifi-6000-ucode
kingsoft-office
lha
lib32-catalyst-utils
lib32-libflashsupport
libflashsupport
libflashsupport-oss
lilo
linux-firmware-git
madwifi-utils
madwifi
martian
martian-utils
microcode_ctl
mkbootcd
monaco-linux-font
moonlight
murmure-ice
ndiswrapper
ndiswrapper-lts
ndiswrapper-utils
newton-dynamics
nltk
nouveau-drm-lts
nouveau-firmware
nppangband
nxclient
open-vm-tools-dkms
open-vm-tools-modules
opencl-catalyst
oss
poweriso
qingy-theme-arch
qstat
rt2870usb-fw
rt2x00-rt61-fw
rt2x00-rt71w-fw
sfarkxtc
skype-oss
skype-staticqt
slmodem
slmodem-utils
sqlite3-doc
thunderbird-i18n-af
thunderbird-i18n-es
thunderbird-i18n-ga
thunderbird-i18n-nb
thunderbird-i18n-nn
thunderbird-i18n-pa
thunderbird-i18n-pt
thunderbird-i18n-sv
tiacx-firmware
tiacx-lts
tiacx
ttf-thai
vbaexpress
xpdf-chinese-simplified
xpdf-chinese-traditional
xpdf-japanese
xpdf-korean
xvba-video-open
zeroc-ice

Some of them might have been blacklisted preemptively like
'kingsoft-office' . Others like 'aif' have been removed by arch a long
time ago and will probably never return to the arch linux repository.

--
Sören Tempel