[Dev] Licensing in devtools

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 24 04:18:43 GMT 2014

Sorry to bother you,

I am seeking clarification on the license of the following files in
devtools.git that do not have a copyright/license header:

 - checkpkg
 - finddeps
 - find-libdeps
 - ldd
 - lib/common.sh

The only files in the repository with license statements are
arch-nspawn, makechrootpkg, and mkarchroot; which are all GPLv2
(only); so I have been operating under the assumption that the other
files are as well.

However, I would *really* appreciate it if common.sh were licensed as
GPLv2+ (with the "at your option, any later version" bit).

I realize that because of having many contributors, possibly without
copyright assignment/delegation, this may be a tricky question to
answer.  Whatever response you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you, and happy hacking,