[Dev] [important] nasty bug fixed on db-sync
fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Wed Mar 12 14:16:42 GMT 2014
From time to time we've seen unfree packages pop on repos with no
explanation. this wasn't a problem for users because they never were
announced on repo databases and the problem would go away with a new
yesterday it was so that the sync was downloading more than 20GB of
unfree packages, filling up our storage space.
db-sync is our filter and sync script to pull packages from an arch
mirror. it hasn't changed much since i wrote it on 2011 so wtf was it
so the problem was that the testing repos sometimes are empty and when
db-sync tries to create a whitelist to pass to rsync, it ended up adding
a single "*" on it, thus telling rsync to fetch anything from the arch
mirror. this can be tested by inspecting the /tmp/any.whitelist that's
the general whitelist.
i've patched db-sync and the problem seems fixed. the bug was just
sitting there for three years!!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 619 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Dev