[Dev] Can someone run a torrent tracker?

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES aurelien at hackers.camp
Sat Jun 21 08:28:40 GMT 2014

aurelien at hackers.camp (Aurélien DESBRIÈRES) writes:

> Joseph Graham <xylon at t67.eu> writes:
>
>> We need a backup tracker for pacman2pacman.
>>
>> Currently our only tracker runs on t67.eu, but the company that hosts
>> it has merged with another that has stricter T&Cs. "Virtora does not
>> allow BitTorrent, you may not run any bit torrent application/script,
>> tracker, or client, and will suspend/terminate any offending account."
>>
>> So, we'd better have a backup tracker in case they notice XD. Who
>> wants to run one? opentracker is recommended.
>
> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
>

> Ok for me.
>
> On monday morning?
> (not sure i have enought time before)

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Or maybe the FSF could use mirror.fsf.org to share freedom?

An open tracker could be possible on GNU / FSF servers?

Situation:

Xylon and more at Parabola have created Pacman 2 Pacman, a plugin that
offer the way of decentralization protocol and servers of the package
manager utility.

https://projects.parabolagnulinux.org/pacman2pacman.git/
https://projects.parabolagnulinux.org/pacman2pacman_server_side.git/

Your help should be helpfull and a warranty of continuity of freedom for
the users.

Regards,

P.S.: From memories, it is the first package manager that use P2P
protocol in the history of computer sciences, no?

--
Aurélien DESBRIÈRES
Run Free - Run GNU.org