[Dev] libretools 20140106 release announcement
Luke T. Shumaker
lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 6 04:28:47 GMT 2014
I just pushed libretools 20140106.1 to [libre]. It has a couple of
exciting new features. Be sure to merge your .pacnew files!
How `librefetch` works has changed--it is still compatible with
PKGBUILDs written for the old version, but that behavior is
discouraged. Now, instead of using a special `libre://` URL, just use
a URL starting with `https://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/other/`! This
change required changes to librefetch.conf and makepkg.conf--most
users won't have customizations in librefetch.conf, and the
post_install script should take care of your makepkg.conf.
To top that off, `librestage`/`librerelease` now also upload source
files generated by `librefetch`. To support this, `librerelease` no
longer removed non-package files found in your staging directory.
Between those two changes, building a package with "custom" source
tarballs doesn't have to be a pain anymore. Write your mksource() or
SRCBUILD, and run `makepkg -g` just like for any other package; there
are no extra commands to run.
About the librefetch change: Please have the source files follow one
of these formats:
- `other/~yourname/$pkgbase/$pkgbase-$pkgver.tar.gz` (for personal repos)
Other changes from 20131112 to 20140106:
* librefetch, librestage: see above
* bugfix: when deleting a chroot copy, it said 'temporary copy'
* bugfix: handles mountpoints in CHROOTDIR correctly
* bugfix: can now build bzr packages with `-N` (don't do this)
* feature: can now build `make --(all)source` files
* aur, diff-unfree: DIFFTOOL has been replaced with DIFFPROG
* no longer cleans non-package files found in the staging
* the output with `-l` changed a bit
* checkpkg: miscellaneous changes inherited from Arch's devtools
* librelib: sets TEXTDOMAIN in a way making it suitable for use by
other, non-libretools packages.
* libremessages: added find_cached_package -- though the man page
doesn't reflect this.
* Added INSTALL and HACKING.md files
* The chroot unit tests now run faster if TMPDIR is on btrfs
Changes to the default configuration:
* Default configuration:
* Above DIFFTOOL/DIFFPROG change
* The value of REPODEST has changed to cause less clutter in ~repo
* librefetch configuration has changed, see above
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev