[Dev] [root at localhost.parabolagnulinux.org] [Django] ERROR (internal IP): Internal Server Error: /packages/

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 2 15:45:29 GMT 2014

At Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:18:37 -0300,
Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
> oom!!
>
> --
> P)
>

> [2  <message/rfc822 (7bit)>]
> Subject: [Django] ERROR (internal IP): Internal Server Error: /packages/
> From: root at localhost.parabolagnulinux.org
> To: fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar, kostis at gtklocker.com
> Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:52:32 -0000
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/util.py", line 53, in execute
>     return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
>
> InternalError: unexpected out-of-memory situation during sort

This is PostgreSQL OOM-quiting, not Parabolaweb itself.  That doesn't
nescessarily mean anything, as it could be the case that something
else ate up all the memory, and Postgres was just the straw that broke
the camel's back.

I was seeing a lot of these when I was running heavy DB operations
during a migration last week, but we shouldn't see these now.  I even
wouldn't be surprised if this happened during a `get-repos` run, but
the timestamp is about 2 hours too early for that (`get-repos` runs at
13:13).

I do think this indicates a memory leak somewhere, but I also think
that the box is a little memory-constrained.