[Dev] [Riley Baird] [GNU-linux-libre] LibertyBSD - OpenBSD minus the blobs

Isaac David Reyes González isacdaavid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 08:55:03 GMT 2014

This is wonderful news, thanks for forwarding here!

I have long awaited for a fully free BSD (even if it is just to have
something to recommend or point out when BSD people claim to be
systematically excluded by Stallman, for the incorrect reasons).

In my opinion OpenBSD was the right candidate to deblob because they were
already close to Debian-like levels of freedom.

Let's hope it happens

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Ali Abdul Ghani <blade.vp2020 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> welcome
> This delightful News
> I have some suggestions
>
> - Replace bsd tools to gnu tools
> - Replace clang to gcc

Certainly a harder target than just making a libre derivative. Another of
my fantasised distro whims involves making a GNU/Linux one which only
packages software under copyleft licenses, just for the sake of trolling
BSD extremists who argue the GPL is bad  :)

Greetings and regards