[Dev] *URGENT* Proposal to organise Parabola

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES aurelien at hackers.camp
Mon Dec 22 15:17:10 GMT 2014

No that is not what I have mean.

Introducing money will bring high level people to parabola (that is
cool)
But that will get the place of new incomers without level that want to
learn and discover computer science.

That will also kill friendship because it is well known that where there
is money there is no true friendship.

That is clear, there is no interpretation or anymore other question.

Donate is not the trouble, the usage of the money is the trouble.

Since no one than me seems to care about and since you have decided to
introduce money at all level of the distro, stop to ask me anything, I
have already told all of what I think.

ingegnue <ingegnue at riseup.net> writes:

> If I may...
>
> "Introducing money to dev or people will introduce competition"
> "will destroy friendship"
>
> So if I understand correctly, Aurelien has a concern that money given
> to the devs or community will destroy social bonds because it would
> introduce competition.
>
> There is one thing I don't understand: Doesn't competition already exist, but in a nonmonetary form?
>

> On December 21, 2014 8:43:41 AM EST, aurelien at hackers.camp wrote:
>>
>>He is what could be done to not *destroy* things.
>>
>>.No money for the dev or any people.
>>
>>.Money for Parabola servers and domain name, not for travel, material
>>or
>>anything else.
>>
>>.All the rest of money for the FSF.
>>
>>.Or just no money. (As I have say at first)
>>
>>As I already explain:
>>
>>Introducing money to dev or people will destroy frienship of the
>>community.
>>
>>Introducing money to dev or people will introduce competition on act
>>that bring to destroy the discovering role in Computer Sciences and
>>Hackers side.
>>
>>I do not accuse or blame you (or anyone else) to doing that, just a
>>fact
>>that introducing money on people or act will do destroy many things.
>>
>>Is that ok like that?
>>
>>--
>>Aurelien DESBRIERES

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>