[Dev] *URGENT* Proposal to organise Parabola

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES aurelien at hackers.camp
Sat Dec 20 07:49:31 GMT 2014

hellekin <hellekin at gnu.org> writes:

> On 12/11/2014 02:20 PM, Aurélien DESBRIÈRES wrote:
>>
>> There is something we can do about Parabola stuff we could "sell"
>>
> *** So, you're against the project receiving donations, but you're OK
> with the project engaging in the trade economy.  I fail to understand
> the logic.
>
> ==
> hk

You get out the sentence from its context.

But I will respond:

The logic is simple, Parabola is a project that at this state is free to
everyone to join, from incredible coders to the one that just don't know
what GNU is.

This last one, the one that just don't know what a computer is, is also
the growing generation of people that want to learn and improve their
knowledge. At this time, without money, there is no interest in doing
things 1 or 2, so everyone is free to built a package, compile a kernel,
have the fingers in the servers, bring some new project.

With money, you will kill that playground for everyone, and will make a
money playground.

That seems disturbing for you, it is not a competition, it is at this
time also a free place to enjoy free code in a playground of true
friendship.

There is not true friendship at the time there is money interest.

This community heart is in its friendship.

I understand that could be disturbing for some people.

You also use incitment to me, so the best for you should to M-x doctor
What is your plan Hellekin?

--
Aurelien Desbrieres