[Dev] [ARM] Parabola ARM Port

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES aurelien at hackers.camp
Sun Dec 14 09:36:54 GMT 2014

Kuba Kukielka <kzer-za at cryptolab.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is this all we need to start making these packages compatible with
> ARM? Do we need to do anything else?

Yes.

Just pay attention of the licenses and licenses of each dependencies.

And space on the server for ARM port which certainly need to be set.

That settings should be report on the wiki for next port support.

Then we will need hackers with ARMv7 board to build.

But that will not be enough for good robotics support, we will need to
free ROS which is the big part in fact.

Have a look to ros.org

a Parabola GNU / Linux-libre + ROS will be fully free robotics
solution.

And that will be the first in the FSF world!

Does the Server as it will support the stuff?

> When should we start the repo?

That is the question ... Who fill ok the set the repo to load that
project? (That have to be wikify)

When could we realease our first Parabola GNU / Linux-libre ARM iso?
ASAP! (That have to be wikify too)

Why wikify things? Because next generation need to know the how it have
been be done.

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

--
Aurelien Desbrieres