[Dev] Parabola on the Raspberry Pi

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Sat Dec 13 16:49:21 GMT 2014

Michał Masłowski <mtjm at mtjm.eu> writes:
> I.e. native build with cross distcc slaves.  Fauno did this for
> mips64el.  I'm not optimistic about its performance when the native
> host is slow.  There is also much more possibility for bugs caused by
> differing compilers.

it was speedy up to the moment of linking and compressing the package,
but it saved me a lot of time even with only one slave.

what i'd like to see though is a way to bootstrap a pkgbuild based
system using only cross-compilers, like openwrt.  i've built
cross-compilers succesfully (since i needed them for the cross distcc
slaves...) but never got to actually build a complex mips64el package
From an i686/x86_64 host.  i've made some tests with simpler, no
dependencies packages by adding the cross-compiler to PATH and some
other flags.

tl;dr: we need a generic way to create parabola ports!

--
:>