[Dev] Download / Upgrade limited bandwitch on servers

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Fri Dec 12 18:43:53 GMT 2014

> From the channel
> <jluttine> downloading upgrades is really slow.. :o
>

> Same trouble on my side during build too.

I don't remember which mirror do you provide.  Or is this not about
rsync?

We need to change something in these cases:

- if https://www.parabola.nu/mirrors/status/ shows too many outdated
  mirrors and it's confirmed that it's due to syncing being slow

- if primary mirror operators write that rsync is too slow and that we
  should fix it

- if users ask for support for outdated packages since they use outdated
  mirrors

- if other services get too slow when there are too many rsync
  connections