[Dev] [Monthy tech talk] December 2014
lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 7 19:49:07 GMT 2014
At Sun, 7 Dec 2014 16:08:56 +0530,
> > - Having dbscripts hook into XBS (or: Arch packages in abslibre.git)
> +1. I think this is very important and of high priority right
> now. However we may also consider fetching only sources from arch
> and build our own as per mtjm's suggestion.
Fetching only sources from Arch I think is a good idea, but feel that
it's a little farther away. Besides needing more code to be written,
there are a couple of decisions to be made:
- How are they built? By autobuilder, or by human packagers?
- If packagers:
- That's a lot more work, and I think encourages people to be
- If autobuilder:
- I think that this hugely increases the risk of releasing a
broken package, if there isn't human intervention. Right
now, autobuilder is only used for extremely simple packages.
- How do we handle signing? Do we pass through the sigs of Arch
developers in any way?
- Where would it run? That would be a lot of load to put on the
- We could build a job server, where a packager has a daemon
that gets jobs from the main server, and runs them locally.
That makes signing more complex (each dev needs 2 keys; one
for normal builds, one for autobuilder builds), and means
way more code to be written.
: Oh, that's another thing on my list! Autobuilder isn't set up on
the current server.
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev