[Dev] Upgrade linux-libre drops support for FTDI USB Serial Device

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 7 08:09:24 GMT 2014

> > > I've got an ftdi device somewhere at home--I'll see if I can replicate
> > > the issue tonight.
> > does it work for you?

Hey, sorry I never replied!

I ended up staying late, so I didn't get to it that night... then I
sort of forgot about it.

Anyway, I can't replicate the issue.

> it seem to reliably recognize the device and provide a working /dev/ttyUSB0 right after (with privileged user):
> # lsusb -v
> That command kind of behaves like activating the port or device. Might this be a kernel bug?

Perhaps, though I'm more inclined to blame udev.

If I have a chance, I'll mess around more trying to replicate it.
I'll be pretty busy for at least the next week though...