[Dev] *URGENT* Proposal to organise Parabola

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES aurelien at hackers.camp
Fri Dec 5 18:45:37 GMT 2014

mtjm at mtjm.eu (Michał Masłowski) writes:

>> this would be a problem, to me, if the donations don't
>> come from the community, who ideally would pay to develop features
>> useful for everyone, but from a company, who ultimately pays to develop
>> features that are commercially useful to them.
>
> This highly reminds me of [0].
>
> [0] http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2014/12/03/conservancy-supporter.html
>
>> i think this list is a self-organized commitee and should stay that way,
>> no need for bureaucratic management.
>
> +1; self-organized committee of both developers and users.  (While
> scheduled IRC meetings might be useful.)
>
>> * accepting funding and donations would require to form a non-profit
>>   organization?
>>
>> * if so where would it be located? we're all over the world
>>
>> * will be accept which currency/ies? or only cryptocoins?[0]
>>
>> * will be have a bank account?
>
> Or get a fiscal sponsor, leaving the same questions.
>
>> * or, will parabola hackers accept personal donations? if so, how will
>>   be keep track of how much everyone is receiving and if the return in
>>   development is fair?
>
> There is at least one person who says they would donate only if there
> was a Parabola Project that shared the money between developers in a
> fair way.
>
>> my fault, i'll fix it when you pay me!! >:)
>>
>> ↑ my third issue with donations...
>
> +1

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

Money is the seed of most of trouble.

What will prevent users in front ::

*pay me if you want me to fix it?*

-1

If people want to give, they could give material, mirror, server space
... time.

What happen suddenly that we *absolutly need* to change what have been
be established on start of the project?

--
Aurelien DESBRIERES