[Dev] *URGENT* Proposal to organise Parabola

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Fri Dec 5 18:32:04 GMT 2014

> this would be a problem, to me, if the donations don't
> come from the community, who ideally would pay to develop features
> useful for everyone, but from a company, who ultimately pays to develop
> features that are commercially useful to them.

This highly reminds me of [0].

[0] http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2014/12/03/conservancy-supporter.html

> i think this list is a self-organized commitee and should stay that way,
> no need for bureaucratic management.

+1; self-organized committee of both developers and users.  (While
scheduled IRC meetings might be useful.)

> * accepting funding and donations would require to form a non-profit
>   organization?
>
> * if so where would it be located? we're all over the world
>
> * will be accept which currency/ies? or only cryptocoins?[0]
>
> * will be have a bank account?

Or get a fiscal sponsor, leaving the same questions.

> * or, will parabola hackers accept personal donations? if so, how will
>   be keep track of how much everyone is receiving and if the return in
>   development is fair?

There is at least one person who says they would donate only if there
was a Parabola Project that shared the money between developers in a
fair way.

> my fault, i'll fix it when you pay me!! >:)
>
> ↑ my third issue with donations...

+1