[Dev] Problems with [pcr]

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 2 03:45:33 GMT 2014

At Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:27:05 -0300,
Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
> At Sun, 30 Mar 2014 07:52:23 +0000 (UTC),
> orschiro wrote:
> > @fauno
> >
> > Thanks, that makes it clear. Using the pcr repo is not an option. Too
> > many occurring conflicts:
> >
> > :: Starting full system upgrade...
> > :: Replace blender with pcr/blender-spacenav-libre? [Y/n] n
> > warning: etckeeper: local (1.11-1) is newer than pcr (1.4-1)
> > :: Replace imagemagick with pcr/imagemagick-srv? [Y/n] ^C
>
> i think this is a problem, packages in [pcr] shouldn't remove anything
> From your system...  the "replaces" field should be left out for
> packages that would just conflict with another, in that way you can use
> [pcr] and still pick what you want to have installed.
>
> also, there're some packages in [pcr] that were later put in
> [community].

That's definately a problem.

   libretools/dbscripts/parabolaweb feature request: Ensure that no
   replace=()ed package is available on the repos.

Also a problem is that blender-spacenav-libre doesn't have a PKGBUILD
in abslibre.  It seems that it was in [artistic], and that the
PKGBUILD didn't survive all those things being moved to [prc].

   libretools/dbscripts/parabolaweb feature request: Ensure
   consistency between abslibre and the repos.

Also, this made me aware that etckeeper is out of date.

   libretools/parabolaweb feature request: Add an in-band way to
   "subscribe" to various upstream changes--the package in Arch, the
   package in AUR, or the actual upstream.