[Dev] [Libretools - Bug #410] (fixed) [librerelease] blocks [librestage]

labs at parabola.nu labs at parabola.nu
Mon Sep 30 21:28:20 GMT 2013

Issue #410 has been updated by lukeshu.

Status changed from open to fixed
% Done changed from 0 to 100

this is fixed in 20130930
Bug #410: [librerelease] blocks [librestage]
https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/410

Author: lukeshu
Assignee: lukeshu
Category:
Target version:

My solution to Bug #379 was for librerelease to grab an exclusive lock on the staging directory, while having librestage require a shared lock.

mtjm:

> I don't understand how locking would help: wouldn't it delay the second librestage until librerelease finishes, keeping the CPU idle instead of building packages for several hours in some cases?
>
> The old solution was to make a list of staged files in librerelease once and then release them. It's safe to continue staging files until the next librerelease run releases them.

lukeshu:

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://labs.parabola.nu/my/account