[Dev] [Libretools - Bug #378] [libremakepkg] reintroduce -u

labs at parabola.nu labs at parabola.nu
Thu Sep 5 17:41:35 GMT 2013

Issue #378 has been updated by lukeshu.

Priority changed from bug to feature

> "[W]arning if there are uninstalled updates" requires pacman -Sy, so it wouldn't be much different than -Syu with no packages to update?

Hmm, that's true.

I... don't know.  I feel like updates should have to be an explicit thing (especially with rolling release).

I know most people don't use the "sync" feature, but if you do, the correct thing to do is

<pre>
librechroot -l root update
librechroot sync
</pre>

Which is a lot more overhead, so I'd rule out doing that every time.

That brings up the topic: do we really want the "sync" feature?  It's inherited from Arch's devtools.  I think it could be very useful, and the real benefits would be apparent in automated builds; I think even fullpkg/treepkg could benefit from it by allowing parallel builds.
Bug #378: [libremakepkg] reintroduce -u
https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/378