[Dev] libretools 20131112 release announcement
Luke T. Shumaker
lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 13 19:24:38 GMT 2013
Yesterday I pushed libretools 20131112 to [libre]. I applogize for
not doing the release announcement the. It is a bugfix release.
The libretools.conf has changed, but the change should not affect
existing users; they may like the changes though.
Changes from 20131027 to 20131112:
* librechroot: check argument counts; extra arguments, or too few
arguments is now an error
* chcleanup (librechroot clean-pkgs): No longer runs `pacman -Sy`.
It was doing so to force [repo] to update; it now updates [repo]
* libregit is deprecated for gitget: a compatability wrapper is
provided, so consumers of libregit will continue to work.
* createworkdir: now sets a separate url and pushUrl.
* treepkg, fullpkg: obey $TMPDIR when creating temporary files
* libremessages(1): (manpage) clarify when gettext is used.
* By default, base $WORKDIR off of $LIBREHOME, not /home/$LIBREUSER
* librechroot: use LC_ALL=C instead of LANG=C when parsing the output
of `mount`. This could have causes issues with some languages.
* treepkg: fail early if there is a configuration error
* librerelease: no longer redirects the output of `gpg --detach-sign`
* tests: use LC_ALL=C instead of LANG=C when parsing output.
* treepkg, aur, is_built: internationalize
* normalize to `[[` instead of `[`
* fix quoting on arrays in a couple of places
Changes to the default libretools.conf:
Before, `CREATEWORKDIR` defaulted to `/home/$LIBREUSER/packages`, now
it defaults to `$LIBREHOME/packages`; the default value now works for
users with their HOME in weird locations.
To facilitate `createworkdir` setting separate `url` and `pushUrl`
settings in `$WORKDIR/abslibre`, the `ABSLIBREGIT` setting has been
* `ABSLIBRERECV`: the URL for recieving updates (`git pull`; `url`)
* `ABSLIBRESEND`: the URL for sending updates (`git push`; `pushUrl`)
There are several benefits of this:
* Users who clone before having access will no longer have to change
the setting after having their SSH key added.
* The password for your SSH key won't have to be entered before
pulling (your key is encrypted, right?)
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev