[Dev] [Libretools - Bug #323] (fixed) [chcleanup] Fails when a foreign version of a package has depends the repo version doesn't.

labs at parabola.nu labs at parabola.nu
Wed May 15 02:38:22 GMT 2013

Issue #323 has been updated by lukeshu.

Status changed from open to fixed
% Done changed from 0 to 100

fixed in 20130514
Bug #323: [chcleanup] Fails when a foreign version of a package has depends the repo version doesn't.
https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/323

Author: lukeshu
Assignee:
Category:
Target version: don't break and confuse parabolers

For example:

In my chroot, I have a libretools from [libre-testing], installed via `librechroot install-file libretools-*`, rather than enabling [libre-testing].  However, the following would still happen if I enabled [libre-testing] to install, but then disabled it.

So, I run `libremakepkg`, which runs `chcleanup`.

`chcleanup` querys the repos to find a list of all packages needed for `base-devel`.

What's interesting about this is that libretools on [libre] is not in base-devel, but the [libre-testing]/foreign version is in base-devel.  It knows about the foreign version being in base-devel, so it keeps it installed, but it wants to downgrade to the version on [libre], so itonly includes the dependencies of the [libre] version. So, when it tries to remove "arch-install-scripts", "subversion", and "tokyocabinet", it fails because the installed version of libretools depends on them.

The "fix" for this might be to have `librechroot install-file` add the packages to the local repo, but I think it would be good for chcleanup to handle foreign packages properly.

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://labs.parabola.nu/my/account