[Dev] Public key approval request

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 12 06:03:07 GMT 2013

At Fri, 10 May 2013 00:11:13 +0200,
Guest One wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> i need that you sign my public key to be it included on parabola-keyring
> due that my must be trusted under signatures.

I ,memo'ed this to you on IRC while you were offline, but you might
not have seen it, and since it might apply to other hackers in the
future, I'll post it here.

----

So, the deal with signing keys is that you are supposed to have proof
that a key belongs to the person it claims to belong to. Hence,
key-signing parties where you bring your pub key, and photo ID.

Of course, for Parabola developers, that's difficult.  They rule I've
followed is that if you have SSH to the servers and are pushing
packages, I'm already trusting you to put software on my system, so
I'll sign the key sitting on a server.

Plop your pub key/fingerprint in a text file in the home directory of
repo at repo.parabolagnulinux.org, and I'll sign it. If you'd rather a
different account, let me know.

Or, if you'd rather, put it on the /hackers page on the website, along
with your other info.  I should do a write-up on how to do that, since
I think it's just me and fauno who know how to do that (of the active
hackers).