[Dev] [Packages (i686 and x86_64) - Freedom issue #321] Virtualbox-Libre is insulting me.

Sorin-Mihai Vârgolici smv at ceata.org
Thu May 9 08:02:26 GMT 2013

On 09.05.2013 00:17, labs at parabola.nu wrote:
> Issue #321 has been updated by csolisr.
>

> If you want a distro that doesn't complain about your decisions,
> switch to Arch. I won't write down the procedure as it violates the
> rules of this site, but it's possible to do it in-place. Now, what
> really bothers me is that VirtualBox doesn't actively detect whether
> the user is trying to run a non-free distro and preemptively close
> the
> session when detected.

I understand the need to not give the users any posibility to use
non-free software by mistake, but I agree with hellekin. I choose what
to install and use, since freedom 0 is guaranteed to me by free
software. When I need/want to hack, reverse engineer, test, observe,
learn, understand why those abominations (called non-free and
proprietary software) exist and what they are trying to force to the
users throat, you name it, I don't need/want to be stripped of my
freedom 0 by free software.

Or maybe someone wants to decide in my place what should I do with my
computer, regardless of my freedom 0?
Freedom in obscurity is as bad as security by obscurity!

--
Sorin-Mihai Vârgolici
Asistent executiv, Fundația Ceata