[Dev] [Evangelos Foutras] [arch-dev-public] svntogit repo generation script moved to nymeria

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 1 19:05:14 GMT 2013

At Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:12:12 -0300,
Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
> FYI seems it could break git-pbs

If we had an existing conversion of the svntogit repos, it might.  As
we don't yet, NBD.  However, the possibility of something like this
happening again in the future is worrisome.

I'll have to check, but I believe that even if this did happen again,
we'd be safe because:
 - pbs-convert-absgit (or whatever I'm calling it these days)
   passes the right flag to `git rewrite-branch` to have it use
   already-appended svn-id's instead of git hashes.
 - the svn-id's (generated by `git svn`) are deterministic based on
   the svn commit.

I don't know for sure that both of these things are true, but I
believe they are.