[Dev] Mirroring with vanilla archlinux repositories

Zack Buhman zbuhman at pki.nebraska.edu
Sat Mar 16 21:46:12 GMT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar> wrote:
> Zack Buhman <zbuhman at pki.nebraska.edu> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar> wrote:
>>> ehr, it's 875
>>
>> Ok; I think I have this sorted now. Firstly, I get a few errors during
>> my initial sync that I think you might want to address:
>>
>> rsync: opendir "/mirrorlist" (in repos) failed: Permission denied (13)
>> rsync: opendir "/multilib-testing" (in repos) failed: Permission denied (13)
>> rsync: opendir "/pkgbuilds" (in repos) failed: Permission denied (13)
>> ignoring unsafe symlink "docs" -> "/srv/http/repo/blacklist/"

What about these?

>> The way I'm going to handle this otherwise looks like this:
>>
>> rsync rsync://repo.parabolagnulinux.org:875/repos/ -rtlvH --safe-links
>> --link-dest=/srv/mirror/archlinux/ --link-dest=/srv/mirror/parabola
>> /srv/mirror/parabola.tmp
>> mv /srv/mirror/parabola /srv/mirror/parabola.old
>> mv /srv/mirror/parabola.tmp /srv/mirror/parabola
>> rm -rf /srv/mirror/parabola.old
>
> could you put it on the wiki?

Sure.

>> I'll let you know when the initial sync is done (I'm getting horridly
>> slow transfer from repo.parabolagnulinux.org, but I expect completion
>> sometime before the end of this calendar month); otherwise does this
>> appear to be acceptable?
>
> how slow? D:

So slow that I actually have to *scroll* down in iftop to find you
because there's that many singular ordinary people in any given moment
that are downloading from me faster than you're managing to upload. :P

(though to be fair, iftop is being tiled)

>> In addition, is there any sort of *maximum* rate at which you wish me
>> to sync from you?
>
> once or two per day is ok i think, we sync from arch once a day and add
> packages to [libre] and [pcr] during day hours.

Per.. day? I sync from leaseweb 3 times per hour. If that's really
what you want, fine with me.