[Dev] Mirroring with vanilla archlinux repositories

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Mon Mar 4 12:32:15 GMT 2013

Zack Buhman <zbuhman at pki.nebraska.edu> writes:

> I would like to become an official parabola mirror; I operate
> hive.ist.unomaha.edu https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

\o/

> The only caveat is that because I already sync archlinux repositories
> from leaseweb, there's no real point in syncing said packages twice.
>
> I'd been informed that you simply blacklist nonfree upstream packages
> (and provide modified versions, wherever possible, in parabola
> repositories); would it be sufficient to just provide your package
> databases, but symlink the actual package directories to the upstream
> directories? (so nonfree packages would be physically present, but not
> in the database).
>
> Less importantly, do any present mirrors support rsync? I noticed
> https://wiki.parabolagnulinux.org/Creating_a_mirror but that looks
> rather...unpleasant.

our repo has rsync enabled (on port 874, though i'm noticing it's closed
right now).  we have thought of this alternative but currently there's
no mirror like this so no one deviced a method :P

the sync script might be useful[0] if you change the $mirror var to your
local mirror.  i'm doing a quick check on rsync(1) and it looks like you
could use something like `rsync -av --link-dest=your/arch/mirror/root
parabola/ local_parabola/`.

[0]: https://projects.parabolagnulinux.org/dbscripts.git/tree/db-sync