[Dev] Mirroring with vanilla archlinux repositories

Zack Buhman zbuhman at pki.nebraska.edu
Mon Mar 4 04:21:08 GMT 2013

I would like to become an official parabola mirror; I operate
hive.ist.unomaha.edu https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

The only caveat is that because I already sync archlinux repositories
from leaseweb, there's no real point in syncing said packages twice.

I'd been informed that you simply blacklist nonfree upstream packages
(and provide modified versions, wherever possible, in parabola
repositories); would it be sufficient to just provide your package
databases, but symlink the actual package directories to the upstream
directories? (so nonfree packages would be physically present, but not
in the database).

Less importantly, do any present mirrors support rsync? I noticed
https://wiki.parabolagnulinux.org/Creating_a_mirror but that looks
rather...unpleasant.