[Dev] [RFC] rewording the Social Contract

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Sun Jul 28 23:13:27 GMT 2013

"Luke T. Shumaker" <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> 4. We will produce an operating system that is a Free version of
>    [Arch Linux][3], and possibly other Arch-based systems.  We will
>    provide repositories and installation media without any non-free
>    software.  All Parabola operating systems will be backward
>    compatible with the system they are based on, as to help Free
>    already working installations.  We will respect the design
>    philosophies of the systems ours are based on, to reduce friction
>    from both developer and user viewpoints.

i think this is the spirit of the original phrasing, which refered to
the distro-as-software development progress (ie, following suit on the
systemd migration) and not the workflow or the internal structure (which
we often criticize as centralized, non democratic, etc.)

PS: ALL YOUR REPOS ARE BELONG TO US

--
http://endefensadelsl.org