[Dev] [Assist] Reporting bugs

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Thu Sep 27 14:16:19 GMT 2012

Michał Masłowski <mtjm at mtjm.eu> writes:

> Ineiev <ineiev at gnu.org> writes:
>
>> On 09/27/2012 03:13 PM, Michał Masłowski wrote:
>>> Register there or convince other developers that you don't need mail
>>> notifications and we should allow anonymous submissions.
>>
>> Thank you; I choose not to register.

my problem with anonymous bug reports is that if you have to ask for
more details to the reporter you're screwed, and if the bug report is
vague to say the least you have to guess and search by yourself - it's
more work for you and it's annoying.

but i'd implement anonymous bug reports with a bug report template or
accept any other idea that tries to solve this problem.

(also as of today the registration is immediate, no mail confirmation
required and i think mtjm enabled openid)

> There are small links to the IRC channel and to the lists (and the main
> page of the new issue tracker) on the main page.

i personally prefer the irc channel for casual bug reporting

if assist@ talk to shackra

>> I don't think it is absolutely necessary to accept anonymous
>> submissions (though it would be good IMO); however, Parabola could
>> at least
>
> Several users wrote that they won't report bugs since it requires
> registration, we should fix this.

i never saw a bug tracker that doesn't require registration though :D