[Dev] [Fsf-Debian] Comparison with Parabola

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Fri Sep 7 16:41:51 GMT 2012

Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org> writes:

> OK It appears I misunderstood Parabola somehow. Thanks for the replies! :)
> One remaining question I have there is: if everything in Parabola
> repositories is free, then what is the point of the your-freedom
> package?

It conflicts with anything non-free you may have installed on your
system, it's helpful if you migrate from an Arch system or if we find a
package is non-free later: the package manager lets you know with a "X
conflicts with your-freedom, remove X?".

Otherwise if you are going to install an unfree package it makes you
feel guilty ("remove your-freedom?") :P

your-freedom is not required to run Parabola, it won't break your system
to not have it or replace it with nonfree packages if you want to.

Excuse the late reply, this emails was stopped by mailman.