[Dev] Suggestion to have a RSS for maintainers

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Tue May 29 18:33:00 GMT 2012

André Silva <andre.paulista at adinet.com.uy> writes:

> Em 29-05-2012 13:55, Micha? Mas?owski escreveu:
>>> Hi guys, yesterday we talk on irc, and we had the idea to create a rss
>>> about non-free packages updates from Archlinux and Debian for the
>>> Maintainers, to update our libres packages.
>>> So, i think that it is necessary to avoid check together with free
>>> packages from archlinux, and separately from the debian packages
>>> (iceweasel, icedove and iceape).
>> Reported an issue a long time ago, [0].  Would be nicer if something
>> sent a mail to a list if a replaced package is updated.
>>
>> [0] https://bugs.parabolagnulinux.org/bugs/issue412

Long-long time ago I made a PHP script that processed Arch's package
updates to create a new feed that contained only blacklisted
packages. But since the original feed contained fewer items than the
packages actually updated, we ended up missing some updates (better than
nothing anyway).

I may have it lying around if it's useful.