[Dev] Repo situation Was: Re: Votation to put [games] repo on our distro

André Silva andre.paulista at adinet.com.uy
Wed May 2 20:06:22 GMT 2012

Em 02-05-2012 16:44, Nicolás Reynolds escreveu:
> On Tue, 01 May 2012 02:50:33 -0300, André Silva <andre.paulista at adinet.com.uy> wrote:
>> Hi Parabolers, i found a lot of libre games that is not are in Archlinux
>> or Parabola and there are others package included in wrong repos, eg: we
>> have mednafen-wip on social because don't have repo for it!
>> So, we open a votation to decide about it.
> [...]
>
> Since several have expressed concern about the growing amount of repos
> being included, I think it would be best to re-discuss the repo policy.
>
> So far we agreed to have repos per [project] and [~user], though some
> propposed to have [parabola-community] or whatever. Do you think
> this should be changed? Explain your position, of course.

I think that we should to have a new political rules about repos.

i thought 2 ways:

1) to have libre, personal repos and parabola-community or a PUR, no
more repos like "artistic", "social", i think that mtjm and others are
right in this point and it is my opinion too.

or

2) if we have social, artistic, etc. We should to have repo categories
eg: games, artistic, social.

but, to have social, artistic, but not other categories like games
and/or others is wrong in my opinion. I prefer the option number 1