[Dev] Opinion about GNU operating system and GNU/Linux-libre operating system

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 28 12:14:20 GMT 2012

At Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:53:39 +0200,
Michał Masłowski wrote:
> > In fact http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Gldt.svg
> > write us as Parabola
>
> They call other distros "Debian" and "Ubuntu" despite these not being
> their full names.

"Ubuntu" is the full name, though "Debian" isn't. (Shuttlesworth has
actually pointed this out when people have tried the "I call it
'Linux' because the official name is 'Ubuntu Linux'" crap)

> (I don't see any significance of this graph, it's
> based on wrong assumptions and is a tertiary source.)

The author is the creator/maintainer of gnuclad, and this is his "Look
what gnuclad can do" project. He does put a *lot* of work into keeping
it accurate, though he's not perfect. <http://futurist.se/gldt/>