[Dev] [Brett Smith] [GNU-linux-libre] Fwd: Please inform free distro maintainers

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Thu Mar 15 19:33:23 GMT 2012

> shall we put it on initscripts, after "you're booting into a /libre/
> version of arch"?
>
> i'd say /etc/issue also but that's not prominently if you have a login manager

I consider the initscripts messages being noticeable a bug, it means
that it boots too slowly.  I recommend removing the "you're booting into
a /libre/ version of Archlinux" message, I don't see any usefulness of
it.

I believe changes like the following ones could be better for this:

- put the message in /etc/motd

- have Parabola themes for login managers emphasizing this

- editing the text above news on https://parabolagnulinux.org/

- having links to gnu.org in default browser bookmarks and in
  appropriate menus