[Dev] [Assist] How can I compile a module for my kernel without having to recompile the whole kernel?

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Tue Mar 6 18:02:55 GMT 2012

> I could not subscribe to the Assist
> list.

You can via email, only the Web interface doesn't accept this.

> It would be better to have just one list so that newbies learn from
> the experts and experts know about newbies problems. Then we will
> always have someone answer questions. If the traffic is high, only
> then it is useful to have separate lists.

I haven't seen much learning from the experts on the lists,
labs.parabola.nu and #parabola might be useful for that.

With proper subscription interface having separate lists shouldn't be a
problem, if all users know about relevant lists (lists other than dev
and maintenance being mostly unused might be affected by this).