[Dev] [votation] Operating system name

Luke T.Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 18 06:19:46 GMT 2012

This was discussed a little in the votation about the domain name,
but:

What do you want the formal name of the operating system to be?

Options brought up so far:
 1. "Parabola GNU/Linux-libre"
 2. "Parabola GNU/Linux"
 3. "Parabola GNU"
 4. "Parabola"

Both 1 and 2 have been the official official name so far.

Our latest news post (about parabola.nu) and the related wiki article
both use option 3. (by Charles)

Options 3 and 4 have appealed to several of us because it opens the
possibilites of other kernels, such as GNU HURD or kFreeBSD.

----

My argument for option 4 ("Parabola"):

 * It's what we all say anyway.
 * In hope of addopting other kernels.
 * In agreement with sharkx:
   > I voted for parabola.nu because it dose not have gnu in its
   > name.  While we follow gnu's philosophy of free software, we are
   > not affiliated to the gnu organization as such.  ".nu" has no
   > meaning to me.

~ Luke Shumaker

Yay for bikeshedding!