[Dev] WAAAAA! my first PKGBUILD doesn't work :<

Joshua Ismael Haase Hernandez hahj87 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 03:10:42 GMT 2012

-------------- next part --------------

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:08:47 -0600, Jorge Araya Navarro <jorgean at lavabit.com> wrote:
> I want to package the game Ryzom, it is a pain in the ass to install it
> on Parabola/Arch, I even submit a bug some months ago, I think I'm the

Nice to have more packagers... I attach some corrections for the
PKGBUILD.

> http://dev.ryzom.com/projects/ryzom/wiki/BuildForLinuxCmake ). All these
> source code came from one single repository, so, if you can explain to
> me that stuff of "Splitting packages" it would be helpful in order to
> build every package with a single PKGBUILD.

Split packages is a way to create different packages from a single
source, for example is package A also compiles some optional plugins,
and you provide A(core) and A(plugins) in different packages.

Hope this helps

> so, here is the PKGBUILD http://ompldr.org/vY3Q0Ng I use an already
> created PKGBUILD who use a mercurial repository as example. This is the
> output of makepkg -s http://pastie.org/private/hlrq5nqe0kjdptmkit1q0w

The output says what to correct, when using [ ] for comparations you
must use them separated from it's expresion:

incorrect:   if [ -d $_hgrepo]; then
correct  :   if [ -d $_hgrepo ]; then