[Dev] [issue368] Modify /etc/rc.conf default to load rsyslogd daemon

Michał Masłowski (Parabola Issue Tracker) bugs at parabolagnulinux.org
Sun Feb 12 20:13:48 GMT 2012

Michał Masłowski added the comment:

We have several loggers available, maybe we should instead just have no logger
as default and document which loggers are available?  (Gentoo does this, also to
crons.)

I'm not convinced that all desktop or laptop systems need to have a system
logger installed and I think that choosing an appropriate logger (knowing what
the various ones can do) is better in situations where logs are used.

(The bug is solved, since metalog is now the default.)

nosy: +dev_list
priority: bug -> feature
status: unread -> chatting